Send this letter out 8 weeks from the reception date. Adding a special message at the start of the email is encouraged.
We hope this email finds you well and preparing to put your final touches on your special day!
The purpose of this email is to communicate with you the final planning stages for Merry Laurel Weddings so that we can meet and exceed your expectations as a wedding DJ.
- Fill out the reception planning sheet in draft form found here: http://merrylaurel.com/reception-planning-sheet/ It is critical you use this form to ensure that there are no loose ends. It is also critical to use this form so that each of our DJ’s are working from the same form style, which ensures quality.
- If you want to make specific song selections other than the specific songs selected for first dances, garter toss, etc (for general cocktail, dinner, and dancing hours) please download the music selection form here: http://merrylaurel.com/music-recommendations/
- If you’re OK with Merry Laurel Weddings creating the playlist – you can disregard this step. For specific song selections (first dance, etc) continue to use the agenda planning work sheet. Our DJ’s keep the agenda planning worksheet in front of them at all times, and it’s easier to see the song selections prior to announcing each event.
- Email both forms in draft version to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our wedding planners will be in touch with you to discuss your agenda and song selection.
- Once one of our wedding planners gives the go ahead with your draft forms, s/he will turn you over to your selected wedding reception DJ to help you put the final touches on your playlist and agenda.
- Now it’s time to discuss with your DJ and put the finishing touches on your agenda and song selections.
- When you’re done, and no later than 15 days before your wedding reception, upload your final reception planning form, your final song selection form, and detailed information about your reception here:
- Uploading the form ensures we have the latest version as a company, and that the latest version is not just between your DJ and you. If any unexpected situations arise with your DJ, Merry Laurel Weddings wants to be as prepared as possible to send another qualified and prepared DJ.
- 15 days is essential so the DJ has enough time to create the playlist and identify any unanticipated problems with downloading any of the songs.
Please be prompt with your wedding information, as it will ease your stress levels and ensure a quality night from Merry Laurel Weddings. Contact us with any questions or concerns.
Merry Laurel Weddings